TAUtilities provides a set of public APIs that perform interactive functions with TestArchitect items, such as retrieving a test module’s name or most recent result.
What you will learn:
- How to process data queries between your application program and TestArchitect
- How to utilize TAUtilities' APIs from application programs, such as Microsoft Excel™, to interface with TestArchitect items
- Installation of TestArchitect Client
- Basic understanding of how a TestArchitect interface is used
- Familiarity with the TestArchitect test editor
- Essential understanding of TestArchitect repositories, projects and tests
- Some familiarity with programming languages which can interface with the Microsoft Component Object Model (COM) or Java
Audience: Automation engineers, Software developers, Test managers, Automation leads.
Duration: 30 minutes
TAUtilities overviewTAUtilities' APIs can be invoked from application programs that are based on Microsoft Component Object Model (COM) technology or Java. TAUtilities is a library which allows you to connect and retrieve data from a TestArchitect repository server .
Creating a summary report in Excel
Exporting TestArchitect data to Microsoft Excel™ is probably the most common use of TAUtilities. This topic focuses on invoking TAUtilities' APIs from Excel, a COM application program.
TAUtilities API reference
How to access the API specifications of the TAUtilities library.